If you’ve ever played with Baby Alive, then you’re probably aware that food doesn’t last long for these toys. After all, these precious dolls need as much food as a teeny tiny toddler anyone would raise. There is no doubt that food sold for Baby Alive is quite expensive, and that is why you need to learn how to make baby alive food by yourself.
Relax; you won’t need to split hairs to make food for your precious baby. Just some ingredients readily available in your kitchen, some amount of patience, and parent’s love in abundance.
Why do we need to feed a Baby Alive doll?
Baby Alive is not just a regular toy; it is, in fact, a doll that pretty much does all the things a baby would do. It eats, drinks, pees, and even poops like a normal baby! It was first introduced in 1973 by a brand name Kenner and was subsequently reintroduced by Hasbro in the year 2006.
This toy is available in a few different variants, in both male and female gender. The unique feature of these dolls is they have been designed to emulate regular bodily functions of human babies, adding a whole new level of realism to the idea of playing with a toy.
So, as you can understand, feeding the baby alive doll is necessary to keep it functional and to enjoy playing with it. Because of the fact that packaged food for Baby Alive can be quite costly, we are bringing you a few simple ways in which you can make food that your baby would love.
Getting started – ingredients
Making food for your favorite doll is very easy, and all you need are the following three things :
• 3 tablespoon water
• 3 tablespoon flour and baking soda
• 3 drops of natural or artificial food coloring
That’s it! You can prep up yummy food for your Baby Alive doll with these three things that can be found in the kitchen.
Steps to follow :
1. Begin by taking out a mixing bowl: in the bowl, add 3 tablespoons of baking soda and be careful while doing so as not to add too much or too little
2. Once the baking soda is inside of the bowl, pour in 3 tablespoons of water
3. Once you’ve poured about the items inside of the bowl, mix it gently so that the baking soda and water combination forms a smooth paste.
4. Add the food coloring to lend beautiful-looking colors for your baby food.
5. Next, take a spoon and stir the mixture again until its contents are completely blended. Be careful not to spill and make a mess in the process.
And you’re done! You can feed your doll this food and have countless hours of fun while doing so. And the best part is that the ingredients needed for this food cost very cheap, so you can make as much or as little as you want anytime.
How to make Baby Alive juice?
Making juice for your doll is even easier than preparing food because all you need for these three things – a transparent bottle, water, and food color. Just pour water into the empty bottles and makes the colors red and yellow to make orange for “orange juice”. Color the other with just yellow food color to make natural looking “apple juice.”
There! That was not at all difficult, was it? You can also make different labels and stick it to the bottles so that the juices are easier to identify later on. This can be especially useful if you have little children at home who like to play with the dolls.
How do I feed my Baby Alive while traveling?
Making food while you’re on the road and feeding your baby is no problem at all because you can make food on the go using the previous three ingredients. You need to have a sealable packet that can store baking soda, water, and food color so that you can shake it to mix all the items together to form the pasty composition.
You can now feed the doll like you feed him/her at home. Feeding juice is even more convenient because all you have to do is pour the premade juice into the baby’s bottle and serve when necessary. Very simple, isn’t it? Of course, it is! That is why so many people, both young and old, love playing with these dolls.
Some tips to keep in mind
While making food for these dolls may be easy, there are certain things you must bear in mind to ensure that everything is okay in the long run.
Some of the tips we suggest that you follow are :
1. Always store the doll food inside of recyclable food containers and juice inside of recycled bottles.
2. Never forget to clean the containers thoroughly before putting it to use as this is a habit that can come into use while making real food as well.
3. Consider creating home-made labels to add a bit more realism to the baby food packaging.
4. If your Baby Alive doll gets clogged for any reason, simply pour apple cedar vinegar down its mouth and remove the baking soda residues from the backside.
5. Don’t forget to rinse the doll thoroughly with water after you’re done the cleaning.
6. Always give your doll sips of water while feeding and lots of water when done to make sure that everything comes out.
7. To preserve the baby food, add 3 teaspoons of salt and store the contents in a refrigerator
8. As a substitute for sugar, you can use sorbitol.
9. Never feed your Baby Alive doll with actual baby food as that will make the doll smell bad; it may even attract unwanted attention from insects.
10. Always ensure that the food mixture is creamy and smooth or else the doll will inevitably get clogged.
Endless fun with Baby Alive
It doesn’t matter how old you are; it is never too late to play with these dolls. Now, you even know how to make food at home in a very convenient way as well. Say goodbye to expensive packets and say hello to home-made food.